U.S. BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION AS SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE TO BANK OF AMERICA, N.A. AS SUCCESSOR BY MERGER TO, LASALLE BANK N.A. AS TRUSTEE FOR WASHINGTON MUTUAL PASS THROUGH CERTIFICATES WMALT SERIES 2007-0A2, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. JOSE VILLON, SR., and DOMINGA M. VILLON, Defendants-Appellants, MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS, INC., SOLELY AS NOMINEE FOR FREMONT INVESTMENT & LOAN; MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS, INC., SOLELY AS NOMINEE FOR LOAN LINK FINANCIAL SERVICES; CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, Defendants-Appellees, JOHN DOES 1-50; JANE DOES 1-50; DOE PARTNERSHIPS 1-50; DOE CORPORATIONS 1-50; DOE ENTITIES 1-50; and DOE GOVERNMENTAL UNITS 1-50, Defendants.
ORDER DISMISSING APPEAL
Upon review of the record, it appears that:
(1) On March 8, 2017, Defendants-Appellants Jose Villon, Sr. and Dominga M. Villon (Appellants), pro se, filed a notice of appeal;
(2) On May 1, 2017, the circuit court clerk filed the record on appeal, and the appellate clerk notified the parties that the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief were due on or before May 11, 2017, and June 13, 2017, respectively;
(3) Appellants did not file either document, or request an extension of time;
(4) On June 16, 2017, the appellate clerk notified Appellants that the time for filing the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief had expired, the matter would be called to the court's attention on June 26, 2017, for appropriate action, which could include dismissal of the appeal, pursuant to Hawai‘i Rules of Appellate Procedure Rules 12.1(e) and 30, and Appellants may request relief from default by motion; and
(5) Appellants took no further action in the appeal.
Therefore, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the appeal is dismissed.