FRANCIS HUNWO YOUNG, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. COREEN U. ALDOSA, Defendant-Appellant, KELLY KAE-HUAEA, BENITA PACHICO, and TATIANA MAKEKAU-RENON, Defendants-Appellees
ORDER DISMISSING THE APPEAL PURSUANT TO HRAP RULES 12.1(e) and 30
Upon review of the record, it appears that:
(1) On December 12, 2016, Defendant-Appellant Coreen U. Aldosa (Appellant), pro se, conventionally filed a notice of appeal, which the district court clerk electronically filed to create this appeal on December 14, 2016;
(2) On February 3, 2017, the district court clerk filed the record on appeal, and the appellate clerk notified the parties that the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief were due on or before February 13, 2017, and March 15, 2017, respectively;
(3) Appellant did not file either document or request an extension of time;
(4) On March 29, 2017, the appellate clerk notified Appellant that the time for filing the statement of jurisdiction and opening brief had expired, the matter would be called to the court's attention on April 10, 2017, for appropriate action, which could include dismissal of the appeal., pursuant to Hawai‘i Rules of Appellate Procedure Rules 12.1(e) and 30, and Appellant may request relief from default by motion; and
(5) Thereafter, Appellant took no further action in the appeal.
Therefore, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the appeal is dismissed.